Sunday, September 25, 2011

Who Knew?

Our pastor preached a message today about how life doesn't get easy just because we say yes to God and follow Him. On the contrary, when we follow his path we are usually in a fog, and are never sure of the next step. It seems that just as we think we know where we are going, He switches things up.

Take my writing journey, for example. I spent fifteen years writing and perfecting an urban fantasy. I never dreamed I would put down something I was sure God wanted me to write, and start a different project, but I did. From what I understand, this is the normal path for writers. My apologies to my former students who wanted to see that book in print, and heard me read it many times. Truthfully, my currant project is much better.

I have written 10,000 words and have 20,000 more to write before it is finished. However, an agent I met at a conference is already interested in it. I couldn't get an agent interested in my last book when it was completed.

Will this book get published? I don't know. But I do know that I am a better writer for not giving up and persisting to improve.I don't know what the next step is, but I will persevere at this one until God shows me the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, what great news re: agent. Sorry I haven't followed up since the workshop with Barbara last year. I feel humbled and chastened today - my persistence muscle has been pretty inactive these last few months. God is good and he WILL enable us to get through each step.

    ReplyDelete