Monday, July 23, 2012

The Naked Salute

I've always said my husband, Frank, has a way with words. He is the master of the well-turned phrase and the quick comeback. Not me. I have to labor over every word.

One day he was exercising after work. As commissioner of the PA State Police he often swims at the training pool at the state police academy. He had the pool to himself, but several cadets were working out in the gym. After leaving the pool Frank entered the locker room to change out of his suit. While standing in front of his locker naked, he heard a voice behind him. "Sir, I didn't give you a proper salute." He turned around and saw a fully clothed cadet standing at attention and saluting.

"That's okay, son," my husband said, "I'm out of uniform."

 I laughed until I cried when I heard this story.The cadet never cracked a smile.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment