Friday, August 20, 2010

Going Where No Man Has Gone Before

When I go on a trip, I always know where I'm going, whether it is to the grocery store, or to a vacation at the beach. But in my journey with God, I often don't know where I'm headed. I think most people feel this way.In the Star Trek adventures, the starship wandered the galaxy with a search and do good mentality. But they never seemed to know what would come next. Why does God only give us the step right in front of us? Maybe it's because we need to trust Him. Could be that we don't know his voice clearly. Also, I wonder if it is difficult for us to see his path because his world and his path are so foreign to our world view. Heaven is beyond our imagination. We have inklings of it, but not a complete picture. How can we clearly see our destiny in Him, if we can't clearly see Him? Zach had the same problem. He has enough problems trying to figure out life, when along comes a dimension beyond his imagination. Zach could daydream about flying through space, but when he encountered heavenly spaces, it was beyond what he could ask, think, or imagine. We must remember that. God's plans for us are light years beyond our mundane thoughts. But you know what? I want to try to go there in my imagination. It's okay to dream about God, his plans, and his goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment